3 days- 24 hours
Learn how to use your feet to provide a full body deep tissue, myofascial release and trigger point work focused barefoot massage session.
Special attention to techniques applied on posterior aspects of the client's body, as your weight and natural gravitational forces are utilized to effortlessly maintain consistent pressure. While the work is focused primarily with the client prone, therapists will learn supine work as well.
This course is the starting point of barefoot massage while the client lies on the table and therapist uses overhead support.
Therapists will learn:
- Theory of barefoot massage
- Contraindications and indications for barefoot massage
- Appropriate body mechanics to save their body
- Safe bar installation
- How to use their feet to provide a massage with emphasis on deep tissue, myofasical release and trigger point work.
- Strokes to create a barefoot massage sequence
- How to market and incorporate barefoot massage into their practice
Therapists will practice on and receive feedback from:
- Therapists in class
- A minimum of 2-3 class clients
If you have already learned ashiatsu and you want toadd the FasciaAshi techniques consider our Converge classes.